Saturday, January 21, 2006

14 days, and the demon rares it's Ugly Head


I hate the First of February, I feel like Prometheus, every year regrow my expecations just to have them torn down. Bashed three ways from Sunday. I feel like I sit there watching the days fly off the calendar, with increasing speed as that damned day approaches. Then the demon rares it's little head.

Swinging from my minds rafters, the little banshee screams 'Long Live Singlehood!' 'Single women rock' And everywhere I look there are couples kissing and hugging as cards go flying left right and off kilter! Save my little soul!

That demonette hisses as I pass shop windows with there overstuffed oversized blood red hearts beating to cikly romantic boy band lyrics, little did they know that that is the price of falling in love. A ripped out bloody throbbing heart.

And I'm sure one of these days just to put a silver poker through this demons heart, I'll have a wonderful valentines, no cards, no roses, no dinner restaurants with other annoying couples holding hands and helping the corporate world roll out yet another consumer happy spending report. I'll have a glass of wine, a hug, and a kiss. Maybe some mboga and ugali by candle light just to disprove the fact. In fact I'll even settle for a simple phone call to say,' Today like every other day, I think of you' Somehow even if the demonette wouldn't die painfully, it'll definitely have her going to haunt some other singles bar.

10 Comments:

Blogger Calvin said...

happy valentine's day in advance Stunuh! ;-)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Nakeel said...

I feel you Gal
Happy Valentines Day (Advance)

1:17 AM  
Blogger akiey said...

Happy Valentines to you Stunuh & do enjoy it even if by yourself.

Doesn't matter much to me bcoz I'd rather carry on the feeling of loving her every day than go gaga on that one day. Bet she knows that so no stress here either:)

5:35 AM  
Blogger Shaggy said...

Happy Valentines my dear. You will be just fine. Feb's a great month.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Girl in the Meadow said...

Nice Post!
Happy Valentines in advance, Feb to me is a nice day. That is the month i was born

9:15 PM  
Blogger Prousette said...

Do you know the day just like Christmas lost its meaning there's little Valentine's left just red roses, chocolate and very happy sales for the vendors.
You need to show love every day not just three times a year Valentine's, Christmas and New years day.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Whispering Inn said...

The day has been too commercialized. But, it's still a special day to focus a little more attention to those you love.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

happy vals day. is that the creature in RED DRAGON by any chance?

8:21 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

Hello Lovies:
S! Happy Vals to you to
Nakeel: Hope your Val's is a good day
Hey Akiey:You go Guy!
BJ: I'll keep my chin up
Cute Angel: Tell it like it is! thanks.
Shiroh: Cool! Happy Birthday, I think that's better than Vals day...you have the rest of the year to celebrate living!
Prou: Christmas is my favorite time of year, I'm one of those annoying people who sing christmas carols in April and make Christmas plans in June:D
Whispers: well when it's a generic group of people as opposed to lovers it's not so bad....morepallatable
Nick: Yes cricket, that is the dragon from the Red Dragon movie.... next reunion I suggest you have a serious pub trivia... I think with all the bloggers just about every genre of knowledge would be covered...

4:49 AM  
Blogger Magaidi said...

Excellent prose. Very succinctly put. And the scene gets repeated every year, clueless couples walking around kissing, red roses on tags, cheap wine to suit. It’s not the day I hate; it’s the pretentiousness that I can’t stand and the endless ‘hallmark’, ‘lexus’ and ‘tiffany’s’ commercials. That notwithstanding, do have yourself a lovely one. :)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # Kenyan Blogs ? >>

Get Voting - The KayBees