Monday, January 16, 2006



My Darling James,
The usuall niceties will fall short, so I best leave them for another time. Nothing is the same anymore, is it? We've grown older and moved on, or rather you've moved on. The rest of us still plod along just trying to get by, one foot at a time, one step at a time. Did I ever tell you that I thought you were such a star. I could have sworn Eddie Murphy styled himself on you. You could charm the fangs right off a snake! Have the snake hand them over, willingly! My, how you had a way with you. I think about you more these days. I still remember that incident infront of the gate, you rascall! Cat calling after that girl, I can't even remember what she looks like now. Prudence would have insisted she walk faster to get away from you, but with your charming smile, she walked even slower! Deliberately placing each heeled foot infront of the other, sashaying like a true Nubian Queen . Thanks for teaching me how to walk like a chick, because you didn't want to get embarrased, macho man like you teaching he's little cousin how to walk in heels! Like a magician you summoned up a manequin and made it walk. But she did turn the tables on you, got you by the cojones, that was the last time you cat called in front of the gate!

You never lost your temper, you always had time to play with me. You helped me with my homework. And even when you were having your serious boy conversations you never shooed me off, aren't I glad that now I can talk like one of the boys, yet be a total chick and bat my eyelashes. You taught me how to be charming, to say no and make it sound like the best favor I could do anyone, yet say yes and send them right over the moon. I wish you'd stuck around for the how to dump a guy, I really needed that lesson, I bungled it up badly!

In truth, thank you for being the best biggest brother ever! I'm sorry I didn't make it home. I thought I could reach you in time, but you didn't wait. I know why, but it doesn't make not saying goodby to you any easier. I love you and miss you every day.

James was my elder cousin, he died of AIDS before he's 30th Birthday. That was the last funeral I didn't attend. Glove up boys, I ain't burryin' no more of you!

7 Comments:

Blogger Shaggy said...

Real Sad, that sure does drive the point home.

Lessons on dumping a guy number 101 -learn to be like a cold ass used car salesman who lives by the following statement - some will some won't so what, who's next. I used to have a problem too but nowadays I can be as cold as can be depending on how much I have invested in it and how much I like you.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Prousette said...

So sorry about your cousin.Brave of you to actually come out and say it, the big A.
Lesson No 2. S.P.E.L.L. it out. The menfolk are not very good at picking hints. Then stick to your guns.Unless you really are not sure what you really want to happen, let go or not There you are on your own.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

that was so sad didnt see the end coming. but your tribute was wonderful and i'm sure he felt u loved him that much.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Calvin said...

woi, pole sana stunuh. our prayers are with him, and you too.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

Thanks. He was very special.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Nakeel said...

Oooh soo sad gal hope you got over it.
You are soo strong and that was a good example to come out and say you are affected.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

Thanks guys... It's just that as a culture we have so much stuff swept under the carpet that by the time we go back and look theose little gnats have grown into horrific lochness monsters.
As for the dumping... I think it's an art form I better learn... STAT

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # Kenyan Blogs ? >>

Get Voting - The KayBees