Saturday, October 15, 2005

Pure and Adulterated Bliss

Spending the weekend in bed was wonderful. Saturday morning it rained, so the gods were very much into my mix ! It was a grey day so I had all the curtains of the room flung open and was revelling in my luck not to have to be anywere, or see anyone...don't get me wrong I adore my freinds, but I just needed to recouperate at the end of the week. I read in bed, wrote up my notes in bed andhad a cup of tea and watched television....in bed!!!!!
I have to thank the bed as well, it's a queen sleigh bed that was raised halfway off the floor High enough that when sitting on the edge my feet never touched the ground! Fluffy duvet that seemed to be alive.... in a good way!!!! (so help me... Nicky get your mind out of the gutter!!!) It was perfect no pulling or yanking it or fluffing it down because I couldn't see the TV over it. Anne Rice gave me a spectacular thrill so that I wasn't in a hurry to go running about and wanted to find out what happened next to Lestat, who isn't exactly my favorite one of all, but, if I had to have company he'd do.
Mhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmm I would do it again, maybe in another couple of months.... But next time it will be quite the production....Breakfast in bed!!!!! I just have to find a willing victim to make the breakfast. First things first I have to get through four months of my very strict diet.... no back sliding or hanging about temptation! THEN....carefully find a chef (wink wink nudge nudge) and have English sausages, bacon, 1 egg- sunny side up, brown toast, and a cuppa (preferrably of coffee....) all in bed :D Well the challenge is on! Feb 15 2006 sounds like D-day!
wish me luck

10 Comments:

Blogger Guessaurus said...

Can I dangle feet with you on the bed? It looks yummy - and no, I will not be the breakfast maker - I get to sleep in!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend :)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Guesss...cool, only if you bring really good gossip! Nail polish and chick flick will be supplied!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

-gettin mind out of the gutter...ms fluffy duvet that is alive in ways you had never imagined
-personally i like me some blue sheets but they look kinda pure and adulterated or is it unadulterated????
-wow look at the dent on that pillow

8:56 AM  
Blogger Sandman said...

did I hear somebody order breakfast in bed? I make a mean toast! You don't even have to pay me, just tell guess to scoot over.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Farmgal said...

mmmmmh breakfast in bed with the sound of rain on the mabati roof! Now that is bliss mmmh

12:39 PM  
Blogger Calvin said...

unadulterated don't you mean?!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Calvin said...

nicko only likes blue sheets cos that's all he sees in the hospitals when he is trying to hit on nurses! heheh

2:06 PM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@ Nick...I've seen what unadulterated fun will do....afropuff hairdo and a green cloak of obscurity, in other words it can boggle the fashion senses.... As for the blue sheets... ummmm, I think S! is onto something.
@Sandy...there must first be a tasting session, and condition i
it's on a tray...no crumbs in bed!!
@Farmgal, as long as there are no holes on the tin roof above the bed, bring on the rain!
@S! hiyah doing....it's definitely adulterated!!!c'mon guys, writers' freedom.... :p

12:36 AM  
Blogger spicebear said...

ahh, the sweet bliss of spending a day in bed ... just spent the entire sunday under my covers ... awesome awesome awesome. i feel you on this one. hope you found someone to make you breakfast ;-D

8:13 PM  
Blogger Prousette said...

There's one next best thing to this bliss having some company , the duvet feels alive??

mmmhhhh

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # Kenyan Blogs ? >>

Get Voting - The KayBees