Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bonne Appetite


I paid for my coffee,said goodbye to the kindly Maitre D', who swore that young men of today didn't know a good thing when they saw one. I laughed politely, and withdrew myself from he's presence before he expanded on the problem with young men today. I think I could fill a couple of chapters with my own love life as proof! As I sauntered down the street, the ourtdoor patio seating at resataurants begun to fill. Lovers all cuddling around a gloworm candle, holding hands and smiling into each other eyes. As the lover's toasted each other I could hear the tinkling of champainge flutes and wine glasses.

The wine that night had been lovely, up until the point I bumped into Winnie, before I could get another word in edgewise, the Master of ceremonies invited us to dinner. I didn't want anything else to do with Winnie, I smiled at Fabian gave, Winnie a cursory nod and made my way to the dinning room alone.

The dining room was decorated in black white and silver. The table tops were black and white with beautiful ice sculptures for centre peices. I settled myself for a boring evening of presentations punctuated with a three course dinner. A warm hand brushed gently against the nape of my neck, I looked up, and he was there standing over me. We heard a rather loud cough, Fabian and I turned to see Winnie standing to he's left. She looked at her chair and then at him, he got the hint and pulled out the chair for her. Fabian was sandwiched between Winnie and I, this was becoming ridiculous, someone was trying to punish me for something. I wondered who the other tortured soul to the left of Winnie was, that's when I noticed Rishi, what was he doing here? In fact, what was he doing here sitting so close to Winnie. A second glance at he's face and I could see the discomfort written all over it. He looked like a smacked bottom! I nearly burst out laughing.

Earlier that day I thought Rishi was acting unusual, as in extraordinarily unusual. I was accumstomed to him telling me everything that happened in he's life, and if I let him he'd probably dish the dirt on he's boyfreind! I have an open mind, but somethings I'd like to live to the imagination, if not at all. When I was dashing out of the office over my lunch hour to pick out an outfit for that evening, I could have sworn I saw Rishi duck for cover under he's desk. I just assumed he thought I was still mad at him for changing he's mind about coming to the dinner with me that evening. Now I felt really guilty. Rishi and I shared the same mutual freinds and they knew that he was gay, unfortunately for Rishi, he's mother had pegged her hopes on him marrying Winnie. Rishi's Dad blames the invasion of western culture for all the things he can't explain in youth today, homosexuality being one of them. Rishi's Mom wouldn't get the concept if you sat down with her and drew her a map. So when I saw Rishi with Winnie, I knew what it must mean to be with her, she'd threatened to out him with he's parents thus guaranteeing he's corporation for the evening. He'd fly her to Cairo and back in a jet plane if she so much as sniffed, I've asked him to just drop her off there and spare the rest of us. Rishi eyes meet mine and we both shrug. I mouth condolonces:
'Three more hours, you can do it!'
He rolls he's eyes in response, takes he's butter knife and draws it accros he's neck. That last action sets Winnie's screeching off. I look at Fabian, our eyes meet, he smiles, he saw Rishi's attempt for freedom, maybe three hours isn't that bad after all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

good read....

6:02 AM  
Blogger Medusa said...

Ehe..go on..I'm really enjoying this..

Btw,you actually inspried me to start audio-blogging..my fav is still the one you did..ati pretending you were a dj.. or something like that..lol

Have a great weekend..
Off to meet Ben& Jerry for lunch..

9:58 AM  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

This was nice. I love the descriptive scene. I could see it well. Enjoy your weekend Stunuh! :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Devious: thank you
@Medusa: :) Cool, speak up. If you see Johnny W. and the other boys, Holla!
@Mr. Bess: Thank you. Happy friday to you too

3:23 PM  
Blogger Nakeel said...

Hey sweetie si the kaflow is deadly.. nice one nice one..

8:06 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Nakeel: Hiyah... thanks. I heard about your concert. Am dying of massive jealousy attack.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # Kenyan Blogs ? >>

Get Voting - The KayBees