Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Black no sugar


The coffee was strong and dark. The scent was revitalising, my brain took a temporary rest from all the what-if's it was putting through their paces. Then I had that first sip, the coffee was bitter and sweet at the same time, carressing the tongue yet giving me a good shake with the bitter tang.Then I remembered, I remembered the first time I saw him. I recognized him. It sounds strange, but it's true. He was familiar to me. I was aware of him, I could find him in the party crowd without looking for him, turn my head and he was there.

We just looked at each other, there was none of the discomfort that comes from being caught looking. I liked the way he looked, and the way he looked at me, right in the eye. He didn't ogle, didn't leave me feeling like I should run behind the flower pot because I'd just been undressed, visually. He didn't have "the oops I wasn't looking for you , but now that I've seen you, I think I'll check it out" look. He saw me, didn't smile, he
wasn't threatening, but he wasn't inviting either. My interest was peeked, who was this man? He stood around with the other guys, but he stood out. He commanded the space around him like he'd created the very air he breathed for himself, such presence! He wasn't full of himself, he was sure, definite, he'd tell you the answer to that question is finite.

I had to meet him. I broke the bigest chick rule, I approached him. He watched me walking towards him, expressionless. I thought to myself how odd,he doesn't give much away, mhmm...maybe he plays poker. My attention is momentarily diverted by some female asking for the lou, I point in some random direction (whoever you are, I'm soooo sorry if you never found the lou!). And then I was there. I was infront of him. He looked down at me, for the first time I realised just how tall he was. My heels high as they were only brought me up to mid chest.

He said....

Model is Alexander Williams. Picture Courtesy of http://www.jurgita.com/models-id21023.html

24 Comments:

Blogger Guessaurus said...

veTease tease tease tease tease tease tease tease...

Not fair...

6:18 AM  
Blogger CiikuMrsBabes said...

ala.... continuation bana... u cant do that to us... comeonnow...

6:20 AM  
Blogger Kabinti said...

dayuummmnnnn....eye candy kweli kweli. why leave us hanging?

9:16 AM  
Blogger Farmgal said...

he said???
kairetu pris...no fair!

10:07 AM  
Blogger akiey5 said...

Why would I lie...?I've always been the kind that prefers a gal to be brave enough to approach me the same way I would approach them--no indirect signals or hints.

You broke a chick rule? Well, the sun didn't fall from the sky,lol!...so he said to smell the coffee but you said you'd rather smell his cologne....

11:28 AM  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

"I broke the bigest chick rule, I approached him."

I think that it's cool for a lady to approach sometime. The fellas are not always so brave to approach. It's that fear of rejection. :)

1:06 PM  
Blogger spicebear said...

a couple of more posts like these and it will become our very own soap ... :-D or at the very least a mini series

approaching a dude is a good thing - chelewa chelewa utapata mwana si wako!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Girl next door said...

I'm eagerly waiting for part 2!

2:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To leave me hanging dry like that violates MY constitution to the utmost !
Unless the keyboard broke ama there was a power outtage ..no excuse for dangling the carrot infront of the horse like that.

So with that in mind...what did U say ??????

6:53 AM

6:54 AM  
Blogger Kelitu said...

LMAO!! Aki you have just reminded me of those compositions we used to write back home ati the story has been started for you and you endeleza...

11:16 AM  
Blogger Shaggy said...

Agreed, even for me as a dude, this jamaa is good looking. Stunah, I hope you made good use of this chance.

Grabing life by the horns, that's the spirit. Life is a sprint, it's now, this very minute not a marathon. I just hope you pursued the issue further.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Guess: It's surely isn't on purpose...
@movie-buff: Ok Ok... no pressure right?
@Kabinti: OK this thing's getting a little out of hand
@Farmgal:What do you think he said? You only get one guess?
@Akiey5: You're right, the sun stayed exactly where it was
@Stephen: Dude, it was damn scary
@Spicey: oooh that's a lot of work! a lot of editing!
@girl next door: Thnx, :)
Devious: OK hang on hang on, I can explain

11:52 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Kelitu: I was paying close attention in class!
@ BJ: Hmmm.... wait and see

2:05 PM  
Blogger Kabinti said...

it was on BBC news here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4967108.stm

7:36 PM  
Blogger Prousette said...

ahem........what did he say?
spill the beans!
*getting very impatient at this point*

3:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stunuh... I will aid U in revealing the suspense..so here, and it goes like this .

( CONTINUE WITH STORY )
Stunuh > When I realized jus how tall and masculine he was .....

8:16 AM  
Blogger Uaridi said...

All I can say is HELP!!! Does he have brothers like him at home? Or else lets clone him

11:57 AM  
Blogger Sandman said...

Always leave them wanting more right stunuh........eh, but in this case...

12:35 PM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Kab's: and we call ourselves humans?
@Uaridi: Mhmm! Thank God he's one of a kind, if there were more of him, it would be disaster 911
@Sandy: I learn from the best ;)

4:41 PM  
Blogger african girl+european boy=world travel said...

do you live in Oxford? I was there last summer and went to a Kenyan party....it was great.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Lawyer: I revently moved near Oxford, ok near being relative, I can hop in the car and I'm their in ashort while.

2:59 AM  
Blogger gishungwa said...

tell am here now you may contiue what did he say?

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # Kenyan Blogs ? >>

Get Voting - The KayBees