Tuesday, May 23, 2006

As I live and learn


He was tall so tall I tipped my head back
He was so strong, so strong he swung me with ease
He smiled so sweet, I wanted to see him do it more often.

But I'm scarred and I'm scared
I'm perturbed and I'm petrified
What happens now

He was so charming, the words were so sweet,
He new the words to my favorite songs, and sung them as we danced.
We started with the first fast songs, panting and sweating at the end,
We then moved to the slow songs, he's leads calculating, as he twirled me on the dance floor

I'm scared and scarred
Perturbed a little disturbed
What happens now

He spoke to me,
Made excuses to stand next to me,
Made excuses to hold my hand,
He spoke quietly and I had to lean in to hear him over the loud music

I like.
I like him a lot.
The way he moves on the dance floor is suave
He's lead is masterful, I am awed
The chocolate fred astaire and ginger roberts

He is slowly robbing me of my will to say no.
To steer clear and want to view him from afar
To peer from behind this wall that I have put up
He is drawing me out, a snake charmer and he's flute.

16 Comments:

Blogger Uaridi said...

Nice one Stunah. You just want to surrender don't you!!!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Girl in the Meadow said...

Keep them good and coming. Nice one especially this

The way he moves on the dance floor is suave
He's lead is masterful, I am awed

10:22 PM  
Blogger Prousette said...

Say no temptation... just kidding.

12:47 AM  
Blogger KenyanMusings said...

We never learn, but those moments must be lived....Hmmm, nice!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

nice! dance metaphors are always so powerfully poetic ...

3:20 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Apple: well, it's the dance of life, this is it, there are no dress rehearsals. Thanks.
@Uaridi: I'm going to fight it like I'm being paid
@Shiroh: Thanks! :D
@Prou: shetani ashindwe!
@KM: Lived and as I have been told savoured to the last drop
@MamaMia: Thank you! :D
@KamJ: wewe! mkora....but do we say ;)

5:45 AM  
Blogger Machozi said...

hmmm sounds yummy and fun fun fun fun get on wit it girl !

6:00 AM  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

This is a nice piece. It left singing and sighing. :)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Shaggy said...

Stunah, what do you mean. All you should have done is say, BJ, YES.

Jokes aside, Great Poem.

So why the DISS??? eeh??

3:20 PM  
Blogger spicebear said...

sigh ... this was so well written!

9:35 PM  
Blogger gishungwa said...

Sounds so lush and juicy. All the best in resisting him and all.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Nakeel said...

I just kept saying hahaha its soo lovely written.
The other day u were missing a man now sweetie he is here so my maombi worked hebu mkatae u tell..
All the best

1:57 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Machozi: yah know! but do we say?
@Mr. Bess: definitely a lot of sighing and smiling (like a git)
@BJ:sorry boo! Shall I kiss it better ;)
@Spicebear: Thanks
@Gish: One chastity belt, $*,000 one kiss...priceless!
@Nakeel: I'm still in shock!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Sandman said...

let yourself fall into that helpless sweet surrender.......

9:49 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Sandy: nah-ah.... I'm going to test the waters before I go jumping in, head first as is my habit!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Uaridi said...

Uko wapi? Have you finally surrendered to the dancer?

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # Kenyan Blogs ? >>

Get Voting - The KayBees