Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Tuareg Lord


Like a mirage across the desert
Hazy and shimmering
He's form completing the closer he came

From he's flowing robes
To he's wrapped head dress
He stood before me
Like the Magi of past
Royal and Princely
The earth he's foot stool

I drew my breath but it would not be drawn
I gazed into eyes spear piercing
And my mind was opened to beliefs hidden
I heard he's voice as clear as if it were spoken

I return to you that which you lost
The beauty, the spirit,
The earth you inherit,
This dusty bowl that you scorn
Is the blood the beats in your veins

Their beauty is not yours
Their riches do not adorn your majesty
Remember child from whence you came
Tis the clay that God created you from
Forget not the beauty he has embibed in your form
You are a princess among many
And like all princesses...
You must return from whence you came

And then he left
As swift he came
My mind like the swirling desert sands
I am refilled
I am unearthed like an ancient relic

To the Tuareg Lord,
I bow my head in gratefullness
For returning a crown
I carelessly lost.

2 Comments:

Blogger gishungwa said...

wuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
He, my dear that was amazing

1:33 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Gish: thanks.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # Kenyan Blogs ? >>

Get Voting - The KayBees