Friday, March 03, 2006

If we knew then what we knew now.


I came across this picture. A rude shock considering I thought I had it hidden safely away from prying eyes, only to find that: 1) I was not the only one with a copy 2) And while mine was hidden from all view the other floated happlesly on the wireless web! But then I looked closer, and the story lines unwrapped themselves gentle silk filaments reaching into the mind to prod, sometimes poke the memories loose. And as I looked at my past fellow classmates, with the lives we have lived and the places we have been... I wonder aloud (as loud as the web will let me) If we knew then, what we knew now, would we change anything? Would we do it all over again with every mistep and every successful plan? Would we? Like it said of Virginia slims (not that I'm condoning the practise of inhaling nicotine... but,) we've come a long way baby!

But on a purely different note.
My cousin cracked me up when she was describing some guy she was seeing. She refered to him as JVC. After she repeated it a couple of times as if I was supposed to understand it I asked her exactly what JVC meant... Jaluo Very Complicated!!!!
Laugh Your Asses Off and have a lovely weekend. Happy Friday Happy People.

7 Comments:

Blogger Machozi said...

So so true..tho dont think I'd change a thing we are products of every second of our lives, to go back and change anything would be like creating another whole person.. enjoy ur wknd!

11:26 AM  
Blogger CiikuMrsBabes said...

ha ha... JVC... he he... funny!...

Loving the picture too... Our Lady of Mercy... me thinks!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

'Sup!
@Machozi: good point, best to live and learn, take no regrets nor prisoners :D
@Movie Buff: Not our lady of mercy, try again...

3:32 AM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

I am with Machozi on this one, if you change one moment in your past life, you change everything - like that movie sliding doors. Every mistake, every moment, every day, every success, every heartbreak, every person, you have met or gone through dictates who you are today. You dont believe me, think of one single person, just one, and realise that they dictated a part of your life.

Indulge me: You are walking down the street and you bump into Nick, he asks you to go for a Fanta, you go there and you meet X, who asks you for a date, you go out like each other and the rest is history (or a little part of)

Take two, you meet Nick, he asks you out for a Fanta, you say you are running, you get home, make dinner, chill, sleep. End of the day.

Ok I know I sound extreme, but every moment of every day makes you who you are.

As for that picture -dear God I hope no one on the web has pictures of me anywhere. :)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

hehe - JVC
aaah, the things kenyans some time come up with.

just last week a kenyan buddy looked at some dude who was kinda pissing us off and just said: "wacha na kuambie kitu, dunai hii kuna watu, na kuna viatu". absolutely cracked me up (but maybe one had to be there)

and no, i don't think it would be a good idea to change things.

4:58 PM  
Blogger walk said...

stunuh jay- so you were in that lcvr class also. your year has some very interesting women .interesting but complicated

8:52 AM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

hey thats you up there. 2nd from the left 2nd row

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # Kenyan Blogs ? >>

Get Voting - The KayBees