Sunday, March 05, 2006

I'M RELATING TO STAR TRECK.....help!


OK.
It's Sunday and I'm working on my project, I had the whole of yesterday but one needs one day out of the week to goof off (Like I don't do enough of it already!) Back to the subject at hand, I'm working (yeah right!) and watching Star Trek enterprise, I can hear this guy describing a type of relationship. Based purely on trust, a relationship in which,he trusted this person that no matter what happened he knew that this person would not cause him harm. To trust someone to the point where, everything they did is in your best interest, and you understand this. That even if you're hurt by what they do the sting is taken out of the wound, because whatever they did they meant you no harm.
He was describing the best relationship, the type where you could turn your back and walk away, and if they did shoot you it would be because you would be facing and even worse death ahead of you, and they wanted to spare you the pain and torture. If they did not catch you when you jumped, it would be because there was a mattress there to cushion your fall , and it would be a lesson of getting up on your own two feet, but they'd be on the side lines cheering so loud you couldn't hear any of the doubts in your ears.
And just when I thought, Wow! Lucky guy...I rembered, that for most of us, that's our parents.
So hear's to Mom and Dad, the foundation of my sky scraper dreams, and for who, if God didn't strike me down dead (for this and other things!) I'd say through whom all things are possible! :D

10 Comments:

Blogger Machozi said...

so so True! once again! I dont know what I'd do without the folks! ur post was right on the button!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Kelitu said...

my dear dad once told me that no one will ever be happy about your success except your parents, not even your own siblings. How true!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Nakeel said...

True gal our parents are there to see us attaion what we desire support us and make us pull through.
No one will ever appreciate you and your success like your parents.

Well said gal..

1:46 AM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

Agree that if you find such a person, you have found 'The one'. Dont ask me, I wont tell you.

PS: I forgot to tell you, when I went to Paris, we saw the Chat Noir and that reminded me of you, oh and I bought the bag too. See me and its yours LOL

1:53 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

that is so so so true! you've got it down to a "T"

5:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A toast to our many unappreciated folks!!

1:01 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Machozi: Thanks... but it really is thanks to star trek ;)
@Kelitu: too Right!
@Nakeel: Here here
@Guess: PARIS! Lucky Cat! about that bag... we shall definitely talk
@Kipepeo: Once in awhile it's good to remember them
@Tomas: Here Here

4:27 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

@Njeri, thanks for visiting.

3:55 AM  
Blogger walk said...

Hear! hear! to the folks and may to take care of them in their twilight as they have taken care of you

6:47 AM  
Blogger Melissa Omino said...

Ditto all the above!
I was thinking the other day what if we had to sign contracts to pay back our parents for what they've done for us, I'd be beyond insolvency...that would be just for the finanicial stuff, lets not get into the emotional where even when am wrong, they tell me off but to the world they've got my back. And there is no one in this world who can make me smile or laugh harder than my Mom, she is phenomenal...I think I should go let her know...

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # Kenyan Blogs ? >>

Get Voting - The KayBees