Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Years Resolution


This year, all I want is a little consideration. I do not want to be the first one to put my hand in my pocket, neither do I want to be the first one to call. I don't want to be the one to pick up the pices, throw the trash, clean the bathroom and check the mail. I want to be the person that doesn't do the dishes, doesn't do the favours and doesn't share the chocolate.

This year I want to give other people the opportunity to be considerate. Therefore this year, I will not offer to pick you up from the train station, walk, take the bus, grab a taxi, whatever! I will not offer to make you dinner, after the customary glass of water, and that's if I'm feeling generous...say your peace, and leave.

This year I promise myself the theatre. I will not run out of money because of someone else's disorganization. I will not, have my alcoholic privileges curtailed because someone else had to buy an expensive pair of shoes. I will not shy away from asking for my money back. And if you can't pay back 10 pounds, don't even thinking of borrowing 100!

I will attempt to keep in touch with people I like. I will not talk to peope who annoy me, and I will erase the telephone numbers of people who I always call, but who don't take the time to call me. I will not call you to see if you're alive and kicking, however should you wish to tell me that you are alive and kicking, very well, good, glad to hear it. In fact this year, I'm going to not call, unless I'm called. I hope for perfect radio silence

This year, I will make adult decisions about my pension, I'll start it....

This year, I shall fall in love with the joys of solitude. I will embrace the charming, cultured company of a certain moi! I will enjoy with unabashed pleasure, the whimsical fancies of my personality. I will NOT seek approval to be what I am, a human butterfly with the attention span of a cricket.

This year, I will find a new job. Maybe return to the states, maybe go home, whatever the outcome, I will move my own cheese.

This year, I will embrace the spirit of happines, in everything, and every waking moment. I will thank God that I only have a migraine and not a tumor, I will thank God, that he's only my boyfreind and not my husband, I will thank God, that my boss has the inferiority complex and not me, I will thank God that the wailing baby in seat 28B is not mine, I will thank God that I'm not the one stuck in traffick, and I shall do all this and more, joyfully.

What are your new years resolutions?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have echoed my sentiments for this year with such accuracy its unnerving! "I will not call you to see if you're alive and kicking, however should you wish to tell me that you are alive and kicking, very well, good, glad to hear it. In fact this year, I'm going to not call, unless I'm called. I hope for perfect radio silence" That about sums a lot of it up. All the best with your resolutions, i will be here trying to keep up with mine. Happy new year!

3:58 AM  
Blogger Princess said...

Awesome resolutions!!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Klara said...

Good, I guess I could do da same,erase No of People I call bt never viceversa
Happy New Year!!!

4:21 AM  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Stunuh, you are cleaning house! I hear that. I haven't made any resolutions, but I am continuing on the positive path that I've been on since mid 2006.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Sandman said...

Hey Stu, i feel you on this, sometimes you have to put yourself first - I hope you still have time for some of us. Much love.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

Hey
@Aeg: a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do
@Princess: Thanks
@Klara: Happy New Year to you too,
@ MR. Bess: it's time for souls spring cleaning
@Sandy: Right back at you boo...

12:22 PM  
Blogger Prousette said...

IS it too late to say happy new year?

11:28 AM  
Blogger Prettylyf said...

Stunuh, I like! Very much...

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # Kenyan Blogs ? >>

Get Voting - The KayBees